Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Treasure

Your love is the perfect measure by which I judge the things that I desire in my heart.

I was thinking, just the other day, about how I might go about marketing the album on which I am currently working. As my mind went through it's paces, as it has thousands of times before with recording projects even less developed, I began to imagine the possibilities for my music. As usual I started to get excited at the thought of the endless success that I hoped to meet with. It happens every time I think about my musical future. Money, fame and satisfaction are all somehow included in the imaginary equation - "I will have enough time to create enough new and interesting music to garner enough fame to make enough money to provide a happy enough environment where I will spend enough time with my family". This is my habitual psychosis. Then after a few minutes of my mental cover of "Further Down The Spiral", a new thought popped into my head. What if God doesn't want me to be famous?

1 comment:

  1. Then you won't be. But He's put this in your heart for a reason and whatever becomes of this journey, you'll be richer in so many ways.
    BTW, I can't wait for your record. I've already got you on my iPod.

    ReplyDelete