Sunday, June 12, 2011

God Is On Our Side

Here is a post I wrote for the Saturate blog. You can check out the Saturate 20something Community at LCBC Here. Hope you enjoy it.


Every so often I hear people ask questions like, “Why is this happening to me?” Or, “If God really cared for us, would there be disease, catastrophe, etc.?” I understand that questions like these are really an expression of individual pain – questions born out of experiences that are extremely difficult to deal with. It is hard to answer these questions satisfactorily, mostly due to the fact that the answer we are looking for when we ask difficult questions is the one that eases the pain of our situation. The thing that we sometimes forget is that God, while He is looking out for our interests, is also looking out for the interests of every other person on earth. In our small minds, it is difficult to imagine a scenario where God could act to the benefit of all. But if there is one thing that scripture shows over and over again, it is this: God is on our side. He promises us in so many ways that he will care for us. Does this mean he will make everything work out the way we want them to? Probably not. But the question is, do we trust Him? The measure of weather we trust him is if we can say the words we read in The Book Of Psalms – 

Ps 86:11 – 12
11 Teach me your ways, O Lord,
That I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
So that I may honor you.
12 With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.
I will give glory to your name forever,

Realizing His awesome power to create the world and knowing that he holds us in His hand is a comforting thought. Trust is the answer to the difficult questions. As difficult as it may be to trust Him, it is a decision we will not regret. TMF

No comments:

Post a Comment